One of the most exceptional offerings of this website is the ability to connect with others about seeking community.
Through this site, you can discuss ideas and questions about community, find other people who share similar topics of interest, and rub shoulders with thought leaders in the field of community development.
When you become a member, you have exclusive access to:
- Register for events. We offer tele-learning, training, peer learning, and in-person events on different aspects of community.
- Create a personal profile, search community members based on their topics of interest, and meet members of your community through their profiles.
- Communicate your thoughts and questions in blog posts. And comment on others’ posts to continue a conversation on that topic.
- Join with others as learning buddies or through groups to more deeply explore questions about community.
- Submit publications to build the community library. Share your favourite links and publications with the community.
Make the Most of the Features of Membership
Register for Events
Event registration is restricted to Seeking Community members. We offer tele-learning, training workshops, peer learning, and in person events with various thought leaders.
- Watch the site for announcements of upcoming events.
- Register early to avoid disappointment.
Create Your Profile
Your personal profile is a means for you to share your ideas and questions of community with other members, and for others to find you. Choose topics that most interest you as a way to meet up with others who are also exploring these topics.
- Give more than a professional bio.
- Include some of your questions about community.
- Share your experience with/in community if possible.
- Tag your profile using various topics of interest so that it is easier for people who share your interests to find you.
Join Groups and Find Learning Buddies
Find Other Members
Use the topics of interest to search for others who are on similar paths of exploration. When you find others who share your interests, you can read their profiles, click on the links or publications they suggest, and comment on their blog posts to engage them, and others, in dialogue.
- Tag your profile using various topics of interest in order to meet more members with similar interests.
- Search for and explore others’ profiles to get to know the members of your community.
- You can subscribe to particular blogs when you want to continue to participate in an ongoing dialogue.
Publish Blog Posts
Your blog is a place to share stories with the community. Use it to tell us your experiences and ideas, and to ask questions about community. Blogs are also a way to engage with other members. You can comment on their posts to initiate dialogue about their ideas and questions.
- Update your blog each time you visit the site, so members can hear more about what your up to and your latest thinking.
- Commenting on blog posts is a great way to dig into ideas and questions that interest you.
When you add publications to your profile, they become part of a rich and ever-growing community library. You can see the publications others post on their profiles, or by using the Search function in the Find chapter of the website.
- Any publications you think offer valuable information on community would be great to build the library.
- Use key terms from a publication’s title to see if it is part of the community library.
- You can also find publications listed under each member’s profile.